Friday 7 November 2014

Part 4 - Friday

The morning started off by me opening my curtains at 6am to a view to die for. A clear blue sky with the mountains in the background, the huge figure of Mt Fuji dominating the skyline. After a traditional Japanese breakfast we took Amemyia’s daughter to school. This was fun and everyone was very interested in the white man.  All the children wanted to use their little bits of English they had learnt on me it was very funny. After this it was back on the train to Tokyo. I rechecked into my hotel who gave me the exact same room I had for the first 5 days. I wandered around Aoyama. That evening  I had a dinner with the directors and chairman of Tokyo East Rugby Referees Association. I presented them with a Firebirds shirt and a WRRA shirt. They were very honored and the Firebirds now have supporters in Japan. This was after we spent half the dinner explaining what cricket is. Not too many beers consumed as Today I have to referee and the game is one of games of the round. Today’s game will see Stephen Donald vs David Hill as well as Shane Williams playing on the wing for Mitsubishi. Should be great fun.


2 days to go and this has been an amazing experience. Something I will never forget and I must again say thank you to everyone who has allowed me to come here. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home